Thursday, March 03, 2005

On the Road Again

Hello from Orlando, Florida!
One of the things I've really enjoyed about my job in the last year and a half is that when I travel, I get to go to some great places. St. Louis, Denver, Chicago, now Orlando, and Memphis next weekend. I've been to some less cool places, too.... Little Rock (going back there next week), Omaha, Kansas City. I have nearly doubled the list of states I've been to, which is getting me closer to my goal of visiting all 50 states. I think I'm up to 13 (16 if I'm allowed to count states where I've had a layover flight.) After next week's trip, it'll be 14 (or 17). I'm trying to convince my mom that when we're in New York this summer, we need to take a day trip into Pennsylvania, then swing over into Ohio, cutting through a sliver of West Virginia on the way. She's not buying into the idea.
I'm noticing a trend with the travel I've done this school year. It has rained everywhere I've been this year. I spent most of today driving in rain, which is such a bummer. I'm in FLORIDA! It's supposed to be SUNNY so I can go to the BEACH!
I think the sun is supposed to come out by Sunday, just in time for me to leave.


So, Josh and Karl have both blogged about Cocnordia's proposed move. (Look at that! I figured out how create a link inside a post! I didn't know I had such geekiness in me!!) Here's an update on it:
Yes, this discussion has come up a couple times in the past, but this time it's much more serious than it has been previously. We've been offered a chunk of land (about 80 acres) in a great location. No decision has been made yet, and it's going to be a while before it is made. In addition to moving, we're looking at another option that would involve some serious improvements to our current campus. It would be really cool to move and build a new campus from scratch, with room for athletic fields, a performing arts center, more dorms, new classroom buildings, etc. At the same time, I can't imagine Concordia without our chapel, or Studtmann, or Killian, or even leaky Kramer.
Anyways, it's going to be a while before this decision is made, and in the meantime, I have students to recruit.
And right now, I'm doing that in ORLANDO!

6 comments:

loofrin said...

i'm a behnken boy so if they want get rid of killian and make some room that way i'm fine with that. lol.

i have 45 minute drive to work (give or take) so it gives me time to think. i've been thinking about this "proposed concordia move" thing since i first read about it the other day. and its sad that it might actually happen (mainly because the phrase "you can't go home again" comes in loud and clear to me). i have two texas homes: con-you and lone star. seeing con-you move would hurt, but i know its land locked. it can do any growing and Lord knows the school should grow! i have faith in the texas lutherans. they won't do anything rash. concordia is just as important to texas lutheran indentity as it is to mine.

oh, btw, did i mention that i am jealous of your job? i'd love to be able to go all over country and brag about concordia. tell someone to hire me! lol. take care sherrah and thanks for the update. don't forget your galloshes. :D

Jason Maroney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jason Maroney said...

nice work on the links kid.
welcome to the world of geek.
check out and view the geekiness that is yet to come. Next time, though, try to limit your links to more respectable blogs.

Jason Maroney said...

i would like to clarify that my html was not faulty on the above comment. the blogger overlords are stinky.

loofrin said...

why j, why?!

Jason Maroney said...

I calls em as I sees em