Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Home

I’m home.
Overall, I had a good trip. The sun came out Friday morning, so I spent about an hour sitting by the pool & writing that afternoon. That’s the kind of life I could easily grow accustomed to…. Sitting around, writing, soaking in the sun. It may sound lazy to some, but for me, it was time well spent. I got some good writing time in sitting by that pool.
I did not make it to the beach, but I did do some shopping. And a lot of driving.
I was hoping that on this trip I’d get a convertible for a rental car. That would have been fun. Everyone else in the office has had one at least once (Lee’s had a couple and he’s only been there 6 months!). I figure I’m due a convertible. No such luck, though. I got a Kia Optima, which is definitely not a convertible. Still, it wasn’t too bad. When I picked it up Wednesday night, it only had 5 miles on it, so I got to be the first person to drive it and break it in. When I took it back, it had about 350 miles on it. Kind of fun driving a new car, but still, it was not a convertible.
I saw “Jonnie V” on Sunday…went to his church & hung out with him that afternoon. It was fun catching up and reminiscing.
Then I came home.
And you know, there are few things nicer than coming home. I love to travel, but I think my favorite part is coming home, sleeping in my own bed with my own pillows that don’t smell funny….just being back in my own space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome home it seems you missed Austin....or maybe just the comfy bed.....I loathe sleeping in other beds. We are all so spoiled....