Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Saga of my Air Conditioner

Two weeks and three maintenance requests later, the air conditioner in my apartment finally works. After the first request, they did something, but it didn't work. After the second request, they replaced both the indoor and outdoor units, but that didn't work either. After the third request, they realized there was a freon leak and a line needed to be replaced. They replaced it Friday. Now my air conditioner works very well. And all it took was cutting a giant hole in my ceiling.




When I got home on Friday, it was covered with black trash bags duct taped in place. Very classy. And everything in my living room was covered with a layer of chalky sheetrock dust. My lungs are probably coated with a layer of dust as well. By Saturday morning, the trash bags had fallen off and were in a tangled heap on my floor. I didn't bother to try to put it back up, and I stopped trying to clean. They're supposed to come back "Monday or Tuesday" (as the note they left said) to fix the hole. I imagine they'll make just as big a mess in repairing it as they made making the hole. I spent tonight moving my stuff out of the way and covering my furniture with sheets. I don't want to see dusty fingerprints on my dark blue couch again.

Fun times at Sherrah's home....I'm glad I live in an apartment because it means I don't have to pay for any of this.

No comments: