Monday, November 14, 2005

My apartment used to be a home...my haven. It was my place to relax, to live.

Now it's just a place to sleep, shower, and occasionally (but only when absolutely necessary) to do laundry.

Last time I spent a Sunday afternoon at home: October 30.
Last time I cooked: October 22.
Last time I cleaned: October 21. (The only reason I know the date on these last two is because they coincided with the last time I hosted the girl's mentor group from Concordia.)
Last time I spent a Saturday afternoon at home: September 3. (Maybe...that's the most recent Saturday on my calendar that doesn't have anything on it.)
Last time I got home before 9 pm during the week (not counting Fridays): September 15.

I work full time and then some, I travel (which is technically working), I go to school half time, I play the piano about twice a month at church, where I also serve on two boards and just agreed to co-chair the board of communication, and where I'm trying to be active in the young adult group. And once or twice a month I host a group of girls at Concordia who are participating in a new mentor program.

So, what does all this amount to?

I'm busy.

And I don't know how to say no.

But here's the thing...the things I do are things I want to do. I'm enjoying school. Most of the time I love my job. I enjoy traveling, especially when it brings me to, or close to, places where I my friends live. I love playing the piano at church (since I started playing, my mom has stopped reminding me of how many thousands of dollars they spent on my piano lessons). I enjoy being on the youth board and the membership board. And I'm so excited about co-chairing the communication board (my goal is to give the church's website a makeover). I love hosting the mentor group. All of these things challenge me, and feed me. And they're my ministry. I can't say no.

1 comment:

loofrin said...

You're busy, sure, but you're enjoying life and that's important.

Now, say it with me "no." Go ahead, it won't kill ya "no."

Haha.