Friday, August 26, 2005

Collision, again

I think I need to get a bumper sticker for my car that says: "Please Hit Me!" or "I Love Wrecks!"
Driving to work this morning, I was rear-ended. Fortunately no one was hurt. And the damage to my car is minimal...cosmetic only. His car is a different story. It's not drivable at all. And he doesn't have insurance. Or a driver's licence. And he doesn't speak English. Great start to my day, but I feel like I'm becoming a pro at this whole car-wreck thing.
I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

So...grad school started much more smoothly than I thought. Parking is not going to be a problem at all. Traffic is. Especially getting home. There's so much road work being done in the evenings between San Marcos & Austin that it's really slowing me down. It took me an hour and a half to get home after orientation Tuesday night. Class on Wednesday was good. Because I'm sure I could get super geeky talking about classes, I've decided to chronicle my grad school adventures elsewhere.

2 comments:

loofrin said...

i started grad school this week, too (today, actually, this morning at 0930). i'm studying for my masters in library science. i'm thrilled. good luck. :D

Anonymous said...

Sherrah, whatever you do, don't take your car to the same repair shop as last time! i'm glad you were not hurt! ...the car sticker may not be a bad idea! we are looking forward to seeing you in October. we would love for you to come over! Take care.