Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Yahoo!

I received my acceptance letter to Texas State's graduate program in Literature this weekend. It's not really a surprise (their admissions requirements are not very difficulty), but it's nice to have official confirmation. Now I just have to figure out how many classes I want take while I'm also working full-time and occasionally traveling for work. I also have to decide if I really want to complicate my life this way. It's been so nice the last several years to be able to read whatever I want and to write whatever I want.
Now also is the part where I figure out how I'm going to fund this venture. According to the wonderful FAFSA, I can contribute $8315 towards my own education. If I had a dependent, that amount would go down tremendously, but I'm not really in the market for one of those. (That would REALLY complicate things.)
Anyways...I'm in!!! Yahoo!!

3 comments:

loofrin said...

Those letters feel good don't they? I got my letter of acceptance for a masters degree in library science for indiana university purdue unviversity of indianapolis (iupui). i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to fund my adventure as well. that reminds me, i need to go fill out my fasfa...

good luck, mz holobaugh. you'll be great.

Jason Maroney said...

look into whether or not post-grad education is a qualified withdrawal from an IRA.
p.s congrats!!! Texas State has a really great program

leknows said...

Patrick is jealous that you did not link him....