Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hic et Ille

Which would be Latin for “This and That.” (My Latin professor would be so proud…these two simple words are proving to be the hardest thing for me to remember.) Well, I think I’ve just done my homework for this evening.

This: The Jesus Cupcakes
I play the piano a couple Sundays a month for my church’s praise team. There are some Sundays when we have an almost all girl band. I found out tonight at practice that our pastor’s 15 year old son, our drummer, has christened us the “Jesus Cupcakes”. Or the “Jesus Tea Party”, but I’m finding myself partial to Jesus Cupcakes (cupcakes come in chocolate, tea parties don’t). This Sunday, for the first time since I started playing with the group, I get to do a piano solo at the end of the service. I’m a little nervous about it…it’s been a long time since I had a solo…but at the same time I’m excited…I’ll get to show off a little and prove that I’m a better pianist than I sound like most Sundays.

That: An Ash Rash
Every Ash Wednesday, I’m reminded of an Ash Wednesday several years ago, when I was still a student at Concordia. I went to chapel that morning and received the ashes on my forehead. That evening I went to church, and once again received the ashes on my forehead. When I got home, I wiped them off before going to bed, only to discover, that my skin didn’t like the ashes so much. I had a nice little rash in the shape of a cross on my forehead for the next day or two.

And one last thing: Waiting
Two weeks ago I received a postcard from the graduate school at Texas State University that I would be notified of my acceptance (or denial) within two to three weeks. Well, it’s been two weeks…still no word. I’m fairly certain I’ll be accepted. I was told that as long as I meet the GPA requirements (which I do), I’d get in. I’m just anxious to have the official word. I’m not very good at being patient.

1 comment:

loofrin said...

Cool, for grad school! I'm sure you'll get in. You're a smart chica. I just got accepted to grad school here in Indiana. I start this summer. Good luck, I'll keep me hands folded and my fingers crossed for you, Take care. Karl