Sunday, February 13, 2005

SUNSHINE!

When I woke up this morning, the sun was shining through my curtains. It's been so gray and gloomy the last week or so that I've forgotten how great it feels to wake up and see sunshine. What a difference it made in my waking up! I smiled and stretched and just laid in bed a while, basking in the morning sunshine. When I finally got up, I felt rested and energetic, and I never feel energetic right after waking up.
So, it's a beautiful day, and I have all sorts of energy, and you know what I have to do all afternoon?
Work.
I'm supervising student phone callers, but what I'd really like to be doing is sitting outside with a good book, or with a thick stack of paper so I could write.
Instead, I'm in my office, on a Sunday, when the sun is shining, gazing out my window and daydreaming of what I'd be doing if I were anywhere but here.

So, here's a funny story about my brother Seth. He's 17 and he plays the bass guitar in a band he and some of his friends have started. A couple nights ago he called to ask me to come home next weekend so I can see his band play in the high school talent show. He told me about a move he's been practicing where he swings his guitar around his head. The other night he was doing it and hit himself in the back of the head and nearly knocked himself out. He even saw stars, he said. He's going to try to pull this off at the talent show, and that alone is reason enough to drive an hour and a half next weekend.

No comments: