Friday, October 21, 2005

I'm a Survivor!

I have just survived what I expected to be the busiest, craziest week of the semester. I was in St. Louis over the weekend (which was so much fun...catching up with old friends, Oktoberfest at the seminary where the desperation is so thick you can taste it, playing with my favorite almost-two-year-old girl who exclaims "oooh, wow" over everything...I could have stayed another few days). I got home Monday evening, went to 2 college fairs on Tuesday, gave a presentation that night (a feminist interpretation of Hemingway's "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber"), went to 2 college fairs on Wednesday, gave a presentation that night (a biographical report of Mary Shelley), worked all day Thursday, then drove to LaGrange for a college fair (where everyone asked me when Concordia was moving to Giddings), went to work this morning, left at noon, and wrote a paper (over the presentation I gave Tuesday), and emailed it to the professor about thirty minutes ago. On top of all of that, I had a flat tire Tuesday morning because I ran over a nail left in the parking lot by the roofers reshingling the apartment complex. Also on Tuesday was a broken air conditioner, which was fixed by the time I got home Tuesday night but broke again on Wednesday. It still hasn't been fixed...found out today that they're going to have to replace the whole unit but they won't have the part until Monday. But, "a cold front has come in so it's supposed to be cooler this weekend."
Considering all that, it really hasn't been that bad of a week. I lost my mind Monday night when I got home from the airport. I was exhausted, my apartment was a mess, and I still had the whole week ahead of me. I completely gave in to stress and panic, which is so weird, because I NEVER get stressed out about school. Before this semester, I only got stressed out about school once that I can remember...finals week senior year at Concordia...I think I wrote about 200 pages worth of papers that week. But after Monday, I relaxed and did what I had to do. My panic-stricken prayers of Monday night were answered with a pervasive peace. God is good like that. He is faithful.

1 comment:

loofrin said...

*chuckles at the desperation comment*. Oktoberfest at the sem... yeah, i had my quota that night. I bet you were REAL popular.