Thursday, January 13, 2005

I'm New to This

For a while now I've heard people talking about blogs. Most of it is along the lines of "Have you seen so-and-so's blog?" or "Why haven't you updated your blog recently?", etc. This week I decided to look into this whole blog thing, and you know what I've decided?
It looks like fun!
So I've decided to join the fun. Who knows how often I'll post, or what I'll write about, or if anyone's even interested in reading it, but I intend to have fun with it. I always have stories to tell--about my crazy family or about the random things that tend to happen to me or about my adventures in traveling; basically about everything. Life is a story to me, and it'll be fun to share some of my life stories.
I decided to call this thing Water Walking because I think it's the most apt metaphor for living in faith, and that's something I strive to do. More often than not, I find myself treading water, or even drowning, but walking on water is my goal. I also think that physically walking on water would have to be the coolest thing ever and I hope one day I can master it. So far I haven't had the guts to do more than hold my foot over the surface of the lake out at Camp, but in my imagination, walking on water is absolutely sublime.
So. Here I am.

3 comments:

leknows said...

Nice. Welcome to the land of geek.

Jason Maroney said...

holoblog!

loofrin said...

Well, lookit this! Another friend! You people keep poppin up all over the place!